Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mittens and Hats

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with the winter. Its hard for me to say I feel strongly about it one way or the other. one of the things I genuinely hate about the season, is the snow clothes!!! My older two children keep track of their own gear. Every now and then, we have a missing hat,or forgotten pair of snow pants.....but its not so bad. John, oh John.....  Every single day he forgets at least one item. I have spares, yes of course. As of today here is what John has in his cubby at school, including what her wore this morning: 3 pairs of snow pants,3 hats, mittens, and boots. For my older children, a forgotten hat is no big deal..just grab a new one. With John, only two hats are ok for him to wear. The others are itchy...and he will take it off, and throw it in the snow. Same with ,mittens. Only one pair of mittens has been suitable for him, in two years!! Not gloves with fingers, just mittens. So if he forgets both pairs, I have nothing! Also, the new ones are too hard he says. The thumb never goes in right!! If I had only know how perfect those mittens would be, when I bought them. I would have bought 3 pairs! Oh, and the thing I love.... John loves to play in the snow. More than playing outside in the summer, or any other season. As long as he has the hat that's not itchy,and the mittens that the thumb wont get stuck in.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new layout! I had to laugh at this post, because Chloee does the SAME thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is the same way. Half of his winter wardrobe is in his cubby at school. Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandi!! Im still figuring this thing out...lol. I seriously hate keeping track of all the stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete