Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why I am blogging

            I am not a very talented writer at all. I also never in my life imagined I would EVER create a blog. The thing is, there are a lot of things in my life, I never imagined would be. For one, I have 4 kids!! They are my world, and I love them to pieces....I just never thought Id have 4! Second, 2 years ago I moved 1,000 miles away from the only place I ever lived...and from my entire family. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Third, I am the mother, to a wonderful,amazing autistic child. His name is John, and he will turn 7 in February. John is considered to be high functioning, but we still have struggles every day. Some of them, we hardly consider to be struggles anymore,because it is just a part of our lives now. For instance, I used to cook with onions all the time. Now, its easier not to,just to avoid a meltdown at dinner. Now, that's not to say I never do....but usually if i do, I will have to prepare something else for John. I never thought Id allow one of my children to bring a toy to church....but if we don't...John will be very disruptive, and he will come off as rude,and a as child who lacks discipline.
            Anyway, I'm a tad off topic here. The reason i have decided to start a blog, is to share with people what its like. Instead of having to tell people over and over, how John is doing...I will do it right here. I hope to be able to get on here regularly, and post stories,pictures and video. Plus, John would absolutely love it if he were the Star of a Blog!!! I hope everyone who comes across this blog, will enjoy it. Maybe even learn a little about what autism is, and what it is like.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great start. I welcome you to check out my blog as well. I too have 4 children and my youngest is on the spectrum. Do you have the struggle with balancing all four of them?

    ReplyDelete